Brussels—also known as "Brouscella" ("fortress in the middle of the swamp")—a Terran city-state in Western Europe, as well as the historic capital of Belgium, is one of the four member states of the Four City-State Alliance. Although the city is primarily composed of a human population, the Brussels underworld is dominated by the Methuselah clan of Thierry Darsus, Count of Brussels.
In ancient times, Brussels was the capital of the sovereign state of Belgium. Prior to the Armageddon of 2124 AD and the subsequent formation of the Four-City Alliance, Belgium became part of the territory of the Netherlands. After the nuclear apocalypse, Brussels established a mutual alliance with three commercial cities—Amsterdam, Antwerp and Bruges—also located in the Netherlands. As a result, the four cities entered into a loose union known as the Four-City Alliance. With its status as the center of economic activity, Brussels ultimately became the leading power in the Alliance. By the mid-31st century AD, Brussels was publicly known for its level of peace, prosperity and liberty. However, the city was also the site of a criminal underworld dominated by the Methuselah clan of Thierry Darsus, Count of Brussels.
- Trinity Blood: Rage Against the Moons - Volume 1: From the Empire (Mentioned only)
- Trinity Blood: Rage Against the Moons - Volume 2: Silent Noise (Mentioned only)
- Trinity Blood: Rage Against the Moons - Volume 3: Know Faith (First appearance)
- Trinity Blood Episode 6: Sword Dancer (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Wikipedia: Brussels
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Trinity Blood Rage Against the Moons - Volume 3: Know Faith, Side Story: Guns 'N' Swords
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Trinity Blood Rage Against the Moons - Volume 2: Silent Noise, Side Story: Sling Blade
- ↑ Note: "The city of Antwerp, occupying one corner of the Four City Alliance, was a historic port city. There, the sizeable commercial cities located in the Netherlands at the Germanic and Franc borders had preserved a loose union by forming a mutual alliance." [RAM-V2, Sling Blade; Page 172]